Thursday 31 August 2006

Whack to the Side of the Soul

If it had been me maybe a couple of months ago (mmm, who knows, maybe longer ago), and I had somebody writing something to me about being contented and all that crap, I would probably have written "and then you wake up one morning and find that someone has pissed in your
cornflakes". It is the perfect response to reading all that stuff.

Except that, in my current state of mind, if I found that someone had pissed in my cornflakes, I would look at wonder at the piss in the cornflakes and see all this amazing stuff and marvel at the weirdness of some people and the novelty of cornflake piss - then tip it out and make myself some more - and still be contented with life as it is and was and could be.

That is the stupid thing about this feeling - it doesn't seem to matter what the external situation is (and most of any internal situation), there is always something about whatever is happening that is right and good and meet and that reinforces the feeling. Weird.

I was putting the bin out last night and it hit the gate and tipped over, spilling out a bunch of stuff onto the lawn and path - all whilst in the darkness and wind.
I just thought "wow" - how did all those tins and bottles from underneath the jammed in cardboard get to fall out.
I piled them all back in and continued with putting the bin out, then got the other one and marvelled at the moon in the sky and the windy night.

Things may be upsetting, but any feeling of upsettedness disappears so quickly, eaten away by the bacteria of goodness and happiness.
Even happens for more critical / important / bigger issues.
Just takes a little longer for the "bacteria" to do their work.

All in all, it strikes me that this whole thing is a little more than just being like a cow - contentedly chewing on one's cud in the field, waiting for the truck to pull up (although, in the longer longer view of life, that may be the most apt description of all).

This thing is like a "whack" to the side of the soul.
Everything has been shifted.
Everything is now seen and experienced from the "shift".
Nobody can see any difference, except everything that I do and happens to me is now different.

No comments: